VP PR Roles Information
GATM Social Media
Toastmasters International Brand Guidelines
The following list provides a brief description of each of the club officer roles. Elections are held in May each year, and all roles are elected for a one year term. A more complete description can be found by downloading the Club Leadership Handbook from Toastmasters International.
- As the club’s CEO, managing director, cheerleader and coach you provide helpful and supportive leadership for all of the club’s activities and creating a nurturing learning environment.
- Work with all of the clubs leaders to achieve success in the Distinguished Club Program by encouraging educational achievements, building and maintaining membership, attending club officer training, and submitting dues, officer lists and other documents on time.
- Serve as the club’s representative at the area, district and international levels. Liaise with the Area Governor and other Area Club Presidents towards mutual success.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the club whenever it`s required.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 23
- Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week
Vice President Education
- Plan club meetings, complete schedules and assignments at least three weeks in advance
- Get commitment from club members to achieve their:
- Competent Communicator
- Advance Communicator Awards
- Competent Leadership Award
- Advance Leadership Awards.
- Promote and help members in Club contests.
- Initial member’s Project Completion Records and ensure eligible members fill out their award applications and submit them to Toastmasters International.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 26
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
Vice President Membership
- The VP Membership is the club’s recruiter and manages the process of bringing in guests and transforming those guests into members.
- Initiate contact with guests, making them feel welcome and provide them with a Guest Package as well as the follow-up information they need to join.
- Monitor membership levels and strategize with the executive committee about how to overcome any membership challenges should they occur.
- Encourage membership retention and growth in the club.
- Collect membership applications, along with dues/fees, and put forward the motion for voting at club business sessions. Give member dues/fees to Treasurer.
- Register members with Toastmasters International.
- Update club membership distribution list and print name tent cards.
- Participate in Club Membership Building Programs; Beat the Clock, Smedley Award, Talk Up Toastmasters and Distinguished Club Programs.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 28
- Time Commitment: 1 to 2 hours on average per week
Vice President Public Relations
- The VP PR is responsible for developing and directing publicity programs that inform individual members and the general public about Glen Abbey Toastmasters and Toastmasters International.
- Manage GATM info on website – events, blog, photos, achievements, membership info
- Manage social media accounts
- Create and maintain links to the outside world for GATM – local media, other clubs, community
- Work closely with President and VP Membership to create marketing materials for new and existing members
- Manage Toastmasters International and GATM brand – make sure all printed and online materials follow standards
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on bottom of page 30
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week for September / October, then 1-2 hours per week for rest of year – not counting special events that you may decide to take a lead role in.
- Maintain accurate membership roster and work with treasurer when submitting dues.
- Mail and/or update the Toastmasters’ International with current Club Officers.
- Handle general club correspondence.
- Keep club files including the club charter, Constitution and Bylaws, minutes, resolutions and correspondence.
- Record and read meeting minutes.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 34
- Time Commitment: 2 hours per week at meetings
- Prepare a budget to be approved by the executive committee and membership within a month of taking office.
- Provide bank with new signature card by July 1st/January 1st.
- Prepare and send membership renewal dues/statements to members by August 15th.
- Collect dues and ensure submitted to world headquarters by October 1st and at each time a new member joins.
- Work with VP-Membership to contact members who have not paid dues.
- Keep records of all financial transactions and provide reports to executive.
- Make timely deposits of funds received and payments for rent and approved expenses.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 37
- Time Commitment: 1 hour per week on average
Sergeant at Arms
- Maintain Club equipment and keep an adequate number of supplies.
- Arrange the room at least 10 minutes before the meeting starts.
- Make sure the lectern is in place, evaluation forms and ballots are distribute; ensure the club banner, awards, supply catalog, progress chart and educational material are displayed.
- Arrange place cards and make name badges available.
- Arrange for food service at meal meetings.
- Ensure the meeting starts on time
- Collect ballots and tally votes for awards.
- Full role description is here from handbook – start on page 42
- Time Commitment: 2.5 hours per week at meetings
GATM will be holding it’s Club Officer Elections for the 2021 / 2022 year on May 5, 2021
The following positions make up our Club Executive.
- Vice-President Education
- Vice-President Membership
- Vice-President Public Relations
- Sargeant At Arms
- Past President – Appointed: Bahareh Tehrani
Roles/descriptions for each of the roles above can be found in the article below.
We encourage all members to consider running for office as this:
- is an excellent way to develop your leadership skills
- will provide you valuable recognition in your pursuit of Advanced Leadership Awards, and
- will give you the personal satisfaction of being part of a TEAM that makes this great club – Glen Abbey Toastmasters happen.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else, please download this nomination form >.
The election schedule is as follows:
- Nomination forms available: March 17, 2021
- Nominations close (forms due): April 14, 2021
- Announcement of nominees April 21, 2021
- Election: May 5, 2021
- Round 1 Officer Training (MANDATORY): June X, 2021 – Date TBA
- Term begins: July 1, 2021
We hope you will sincerely indicate your interest in the Executive Team to manage and enhance the activities of Glen Abbey Toastmasters. Please contact me if you have any questions.
2021 / 2022 – Nomination Committee Chair
Glen Abbey Toastmasters